Oh, fine, technically he’s talking about finding an apartment in L.A….but still…Conan O’ Brien is giving out apartment advice now!! Sweet! Which I’m pretty sure can apply anywhere that there are apartments. Watch this hilarious clip of Conan giving Jordan (an assistant producer on the show) advice on apartment hunting. You know how it’s going to turn out…or do you?
(Side note:, a Realtor will not treat you how Conan said they would…at least no Realtor I know…)
What can we learn from this, so you can avoid this kind of harassment when searching for your dream apartment? Here are a few pointers:
1. Make a list of what you need, and on the back side make a possible wish list of things you would like to have, but can live without
2. Determine your budget, this is going to be a huge factor in deciding where you will live…which brings us to number three…
3. Figure out where you want to live. Boston is made up of around 23 neighborhoods, that’s a good amount to choose from. Find an area that suits you.
4. If you’re looking for an apartment friendly home, be sure to ask your agent about this before you even see the place, or if the landlord would be willing to consider a pet
5. Basically know what you want. But also keep in mind that there might have to be a little give in some areas.