Posted on 18 September 2009 by Kittu
If you’re a Web Developer or a Search Engine Optimizer, chances of you not hearing about Meta Tags don’t exist and If you’re a budding SE optimizer, Optimizing Meta Tags is one of the first lessons you’ll learn.
Every time I optimize a website I check who my competitor’s are. Everyone who ranks above me for the keyword I am optimizing is competition. Simple. When I started SEO, I managed to get hold of some good books & some great websites offering tips on search engine optimization. One common tip I learned was: Make sure that Meta Tags are optimized to be search engine friendly. Second, Its good to know what keywords your competitor is optimizing. If they are on top, you must be missing out on something important.
Hence, the Inspiration for this post. This post contains some great Meta Tag Analyzer Tools. These Meta Tag Analyzer Tools help in analyzing a web page and check for search engine compatibility. Most of these Meta Tag Analyzers use the same spider technology as search engines do. So, you can use these Free SEO Tools to check the effectiveness of your Meta Tags. More Importantly, Grow as a Search Engine Optimizer.
- Submit Express: Using this tool you can See how search engine robots analyze your or your competitors web site, Receive tips on how to improve your Meta Tags, Check the keywords used on the page and find the keyword density.
- Quirk.biz: A Search Extension for Mozilla Firefox that lets you check any web page Meta Tags besides providing other services. This combined search-related information means you can view not only the link importance of a site (according to Google and Linkscape), but also its traffic importance (according to Alexa and Compete), so providing a balanced view of site efficacy.
- SEO Centro Meta Tag Analyzer Tool: SeoCentro designed this Meta Tag analysis tool to help webmasters analyze their web pages. This search engine optimization tool analyze not only the Meta Tags but try to use the same spider technology as the search engines spiders them self.
- Hyper Gurl: Will analyze meta tags, keyword density, load time, page size, title meta tag relevancy, description meta tag relevancy and keywords meta tag relevancy. It will also display meta tags and headers returned from the web server as well as search for keywords on the page or in images alt tag.
- Scrub The Web: The FREE Meta Tag SEO Analyzer Tool will provide basic Web page validation. Use the form provided to check Meta Tags.
- Search Engine Optimizing: Their Meta Tag analysis tool helps webmasters analyze their web pages providing analysis of web site meta tags using the similar spider technology as the search engines.
- ASK Bee: A quick and easy way to see a web site’s meta tags. See how your competition has configured meta tags, helping you to optimize your web page’s meta data.
- Link Vendor Tools: With the Meta Tag analysis you can check the conformity of your Meta tags with the recommendations of Google.
- Widexl SEO Tools: Widexl designed this search engine optimization tool to help webmasters analyze their web pages. This script analyze not only the Meta Tags but try to use the same spider technology as the spiders them self.
- Swebee: Their Meta Tag Analyzer tool helps webmasters analyze their web pages is search engine friendly and comply with search engine optimization (SEO) basic step.
- Meta Tags Org: Although the free Meta Tags Analyzer is compiled accurately and Meta Tags strives for providing correct and complete information, the Analyzer is solely meant as a service product.
- WebSite Submit: Simply type your site’s URL address into the box below, and then click the button. The Meta Tag Analyzer will analyze your web site Meta tags using the similar spider technology as the search engines.
- Web SEO Masters: It examines the Meta information of the entered URL and lets you know whether it is Search Engine friendly.
- Traffic Zap: Use this tool to generate an analysis of your site’s existing meta tags. Meta tags are used by some search engines and directories to index your pages. Enter a website URL to generate a report on your Meta tags.
- SEO Chat Meta Analyzer Tool: This tool will analyze a web site’s Meta Tags. Although the use of meta data is certainly in question, analyzing a competitors “keyword” and “description” meta values is a good way to find ideas for key terms and effective copy for your website.